Sunday, February 27, 2011

Long Time no Blog

So it's been quite a while since my last blog. After looking, it's been 2 weeks. Luckily for me, I've been slacking on writing and not on cycling.

I've still managed to get in the saddle every day the past two weeks after my race at UCI. Since then I've raced again, placing fairly well for the race being a duathlon, and I've had a few hard rides, and that's actually what I have to look forward to.

Because I haven't really kept a day to day writing habit, I've lost some of the words I wanted to put down. My first is fairly upsetting: I heard about yet another local cycling fatality, and that's always terribly upsetting to hear. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Britel family, even if I wasn't lucky enough to meet Amine, I was still upset to hear of his passing.

On a lighter side, I've been pretty happy with my past riding days, I've felt fairly strong with plenty of endurance. I'm hoping I don't eat those words on Wednesday when I go for my first century ride. Hopefully during that multi-hour ride I'll be able to find more to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment