Friday, February 4, 2011

8 Days Away

As the title refers to, my collegiate season starts in 8 days. It's crazy to think how quick it came up and I'm surprised at how relaxed about it I am. I just got out of the water after just a grand of swimming, but if the race was this Sunday instead of next Sunday, I think I would have pretty similar results. My swimming has been on the back burner for a while, but that will change this coming week. I would definitely like to have run a bunch more, but I've surprised myself. I feel pretty strong for the most of my runs, better than I've ever felt, and I'm looking to start upping the distance in my running to get ready for the Oceanside Rohto 70.3.

What I'm really looking forward to is the cycling course at UCI. Now I've been complaining to just about everyone that will listen to me about cycling, but with the amount of time I've spent in the saddle I feel like UCI is going to be a good race for me. It would be nice to see if UCI has splits this year, they definitely didn't last year, especially to see how I match up against my teammates. What I'm looking for is not so much if they destroyed me or I them on the bike, but I want to compare. I've always thought of myself as average when it comes to comparing my cycling to the likes of Yeshua Farfan, Ben de La Torre, Joel Fitzpatrick, and Dustin Clow (not to mention a couple of our current and past females like Kari Szentesi, Gena Mckeown, and Michelle Voelker).

Feeling pretty good after the teams solid El Dorado ride this morning, despite the fantastically freezing 41 degree temperature. Looking forward to a couple solid rides this weekend, probably will end up riding the UCI course one more time before the big day. Hopefully I'll be able to write a little more consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment