Wednesday, January 12, 2011

100%! Finally!

Today definitely marks the last of my "recovery" days. After being legitimately sick for one day and trying just rest up the past two days, I know that tomorrow is going to be a great ride, getting away from the distances like today and yesterday, and stepping it up. Today I just felt like climbing a Bake Parkway a couple times and cruise down, try to get my head into a little speed control.

I don't know how it's happened, but since going up to the WCCTC training camp this past fall, I have not considered myself confident enough in downhill speed control. I thought I was pretty comfortable on my wheels, but I think some of the hills up there got under my skin. Since then, I've been trying to work on getting my mind around it and get more comfortable with downhill speed.

I guess my real probably is just knowing more hills to bomb down. It's never the downhill that bothers me. It's the fact that this awesome hill I'm going down at 40, 45, maybe 45+ mph is a great hill, and I don't know that there happens to be a 90 degree turn coming up in about 400 feet.

So here's to finding more hills, getting used to their layout, understanding which hills break harder than others, and getting comfortable enough on them. Weather forecast looks great for tomorrows ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment