Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Rainy Afternoon

Today marked the second day of my new resolution, and so far it's gone off great. I can hear the rain falling outside right now and I'm just incredibly grateful I got myself out of bed this morning for a ride. Today was a chilly but comfortable for a solo ride through some of Lake Forest and Irvine. After leaving home, started off by thinking I just wanted to circle the Great Park (riding the border streets of Irvine Blvd, Sand Canyon, and coming back along Alton Parkway), but decided to put a few miles in Irvine and just heading to Culver before taking Alton most of the way home. Traffic seemed light the whole way other than Culver, and no real complaints. Snapped a nice picture of Saddleback while getting some water on the side of Alton. Altogether, for a solo 23.1 miles, it was quite a blast. Looking forward to riding tomorrow afternoon, with or without a group, and looking to continue my quest for a year long bike long.

No comments:

Post a Comment