Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Group Ride, FINALLY!

So I haven't blogged in the past few days because though I've enjoyed my riding on my indoor trainer, sometimes it's straight up BORING! Thank God for teammates today, though, finally breaking the monotony of cycling indoors. Had a nice little run this early afternoon with a group of the guys from the CSULB Triathlon team, got going pretty quick, at least by my standards, and had enough people to head out for a little ride.

Firstly, I'm incredibly jealous of at least 4 guys on the team, with their brand new Felt B16's, which I got to hop on one for a couple minutes. Definitely jealous, but hopefully somewhere down the road I can find the cash for something along those lines. Headed out down PCH for Huntington Beach. Loved the breeze and gusts, definitely missed them while confined indoors.

We decided to push it heading back through Bolsa Chica, and I'm sad to say that Dustin, one of our ex-teammates who was able to come out for a ride, dropped his chain for a good minute. I was looking forward to racing him back through the wind, but it sounded like I held him off pretty well. Finished the ride with a little In N Out, probably not the best idea but definitely the best tasting one.

Kinda hoping to get back on the road tomorrow rather than cooped up in a garage, but if not, maybe I'll have some big epiphany to write about. Really hoping for one of those considering I haven't really had one for a week or so. Just feeling satisfied that by Tuesday I will have completed a month of cycling every day of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment